When it comes to email account management, Outlook Express is one of the most preferred options. Being a popular application used by millions of users around the globe, it is very important to have a data backup utility. You will definitely have things that are personal to you in your email accounts which you don’t want to lose. This makes it necessary to backup the contents of the Outlook Express store folder on a regular basis to avoid data loss as far as possible. Now if you don’t know how to execute it, there is no need to worry. In this article you can find all the instructions that you need to perform this task successfully.
Outlook Express help instructions
1. First of all you need to open the Outlook Express application installed on your computer.
2. Continue by selecting “Tools” from the main menu, and then click on “Options”.
3. Go to the tab titled “Maintenance”, and click on the “Store Folder” option. Now you will be able to see the store location dialog box displaying the file location of the Store Folder.
4. Now it’s time for you to highlight the path mentioned under the heading "Your personal message store is located in the following folder". Copy the content by pressing the “Ctrl+C”.
5. Hit the “Cancel” button two times to close the dialog box.
6. Click on the Windows “Start” button, and select “Run”.
7. Press “Ctrl+V” to paste the contents that you have copied before.
8. Hit the button labeled “Ok” and a new window displaying the contents of the Outlook Express store folder will open up.
9. Select “Edit” from the main menu of the newly opened window, and click on the option “Select All” from the given menu.
10. After that once again click “Ok” and this time select “Copy”.
11. Once you are done with that, create a new folder on your desktop. To do this, simply right click on any empty area of your desktop, select “New” followed by “Folder”.
12. Give the newly created folder a name that you can remember easily.
13. Double click to open this folder. Right click, and choose paste from the given options to move the contents of the Store Folder to the backup folder that you have just created.
14. If you want, you can have a copy of this backup folder in your flash drive.
That’s all with the Outlook Express help instructions to create a backup of email messages. Thanks for visiting!