MS Outlook is a popular program, and is used by millions of users around the world. There are many versions of this program, with the Outlook 2010 being one of the latest to be released. If you were a user of the Outlook 2007 program, and now want to upgrade to Outlook 2010, you can do so without the need to remove any of the existing information in Outlook 2007.
In order to configure the Outlook settings, so as to transfer data from Outlook 2007 into MS Outlook 2010, follow this set of simple and easy instructions. You will only require a few minutes to finish off this procedure.
Guidelines to transfer information from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010
• Start off the process to transfer data by opening the MS Outlook 2010 program on your computer.
• Click on the “File” button located at top of the program window in order to open the File menu, and then choose the “Open” tab from this menu. Click on the “Import” option you will see there.
• There will be list of actions displayed on the screen, and from these, select the “Import from another program or file” option. Click on the “Next” button to proceed to the next step.
• Go to the list displaying the file types, and then highlight the “Outlook Data File (.pst)" file type, and then click on the “Next” button.
• Click on the “Browse” button, and then choose the MS Outlook 2007 PST file you want to import. Click on the “Ok” button after selecting the Outlook PST file that you want to import.
• Click on the “Next” button, and then if prompted by the system, type in the security password for the MS Outlook 2007 PST file.
• You can select the location where you want to store the imported information. In order to select the location, take the help of the drop down menu displayed at the bottom of the window, and then click on the “Finish” button to finish off the process.
These are the instructions recommended by the Outlook tech support team that you need to follow in order to transfer the information from Outlook 2007 to MS Outlook 2010. As you can clearly see, these instructions will help you to configure the Outlook settings, and these can be done within a few minutes.