Cable ONE is company providing cable service in United States and one of the features of the company is that they provide users email accounts when they take up a connection. Here we discuss how a user can configure their Cable ONE email account in the Windows Live mail application.
- The first thing you should do to setup Cable ONE email in Windows Live mail is to enable IMAP settings in the Cable One email settings.
- Now go to the left bottom corner of the screen and then click on the Start menu button found in the screen and then click on the All Programs tab.
- In the list of programs that appear on screen, look for the Windows Live Mail option in the list and click on it when found for launching the program.
- In the top left side of the application, you will be able to see a dark blue colored menu button, click on it.
- Click on the Options tab from the drop down menu and then click on the Email Accounts option found in the sub options.
- Click on the Add button located at the top right corner of the window and then select the option named Email Account from the list populated and click on the Next button to continue.
- In the page that appears on the screen, enter the complete Cable ONE email address, password for logging in to the email account and a display name to be set for sent emails.
- For setting server settings manually, Windows live support advises to click on the check box found next to the option Manually configure server settings and then click on the Next button.
- In the page that appears, set the type of server as IMAP and the Port number as 993, also do not forget to put a check mark in the box found next to the option Requires a secure connection (SSL).
- In the field named Logon user name, type in the complete email address of your Cable ONE email account.
- In the Outgoing server settings field, set the port number as 465 and put a check mark in the boxes found next to the options Requires a secure connection (SSL) and Requires authentication.
- Click on the Next button after entering all the details and then click on the Finish button to complete the setting process.