Yahoo Xtra mail is a New Zealand web portal that is a joint venture of the Telecom New Zealand and Yahoo. It was specifically developed for use of Telecom New Zealand customers. Follow the simple Outlook email setup instructions for configuring the Yahoo! Xtra mail in the Outlook application.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook program by clicking on its icon in the desktop or quick launch bar.
- If you see the Outlook Startup wizard when the program starts, click on the Next button in the first page and again click on the Next button to start setting up a new email account.
- If you do not see the startup wizard, then click on the Add Account option, found under the File menu in the Outlook application.
- When the Auto account setup opens, select the option named Manual Setup or Additional server types found at the bottom of the setup box and then click on the Next button.
- Now choose the email type as POP or IMAP and then click on the Next button.
- Now under the User Information field, enter your name, email address, and select the account type as POP3.
- Set the Incoming mail server as pop3.xtra.co.nz and the Outgoing mail server as send.xtra.co.nz.
- Enter your username without its tail end and the password in the respective fields.
- Now select the Remember Password option in the window for saving the login credentials.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab found under the More Settings option and then click on the option labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Also, select the option labeled Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Enter the value 995 for Incoming mail server (POP3) and select the option This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Also, enter the Outgoing mail server as 465.
- Now click on the option named Leave a copy of messages on the server under Delivery for storing a copy of the messages sent from Outlook in the server.
- Click on the Finish button for completing the process of configuring Yahoo! Xtra mail.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you can successfully configure Yahoo Xtra mail in your Outlook client. If you experience any troubles while following the instructions, then feel free to contact the Outlook email setup help and support team.