You can use a Service Desk Ticket, commonly known as Autotask entity, to track the status of a complaint lodged by the customer in reference to some internal issue. Follow the simple instructions given below for creating an Autotask Ticket using the Outlook client.
Instructions For Creating New Ticket In Outlook
- Open the Outlook application by double clicking on its icon present in the desktop and then click on the Add to Autotask... > Ticket from the Auto Task toolbar or menu.
- Now you will be able to see a new window by the name New Ticket. Fill in the details about the ticket you wish to create in the respective fields in the window.
Converting Email To A Ticket
You can also convert an email received in your Outlook inbox to an Autotask Ticket by following the simple instructions from Outlook help desk given below.
- Browse through the email folder and then find the email that you would like to change to a service desk ticket and then select it by clicking on the small checkbox found on the left side of the email.
- Go to the Autotask Toolbar and then click on the option named Ticket from E-Mail or Create from Email... > Ticket for converting the mail to a ticket.
- You have the option to transfer the attachments in the email that you are converting to the ticket to the Autotask ticket if the email has any attachments. However, this is an additional option and is not mandatory to follow.
- Now you can see the New Service Desk Ticket window in the screen. The Source field will be automatically set to Email, the email body will be moved to the Description field of the Autotask and the subject of the email will be moved to the title of the ticket.
- If you would like to add some additional details in the Autotask ticket, you can enter them in the other fields present in the window.
- When you are done configuring the Autotask ticket, click on the Save button for saving the new ticket.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to create a new service desk ticket in the Outlook program. If you are not able to create a ticket in the Outlook application, feel free to contact the Outlook help desk.