Outlook calendar one of the most important features in Microsoft Outlook, which helps to schedule your daily programs and appointments. This feature is mostly used to keep notes of the various appointments and anniversaries within an Outlook user account. You can customize and organize your calendar according to your preferences. It is often seen that users do not find the default calendar in Outlook convenient for use. Follow these Outlook help guidelines to change the default calendar in Outlook.
• In Microsoft Outlook, first open the Calendar.
• Then you need to change the time scale of your calendar. By default, it is set at an interval of 30 minutes. In the Calendar option, right click on the blank area in the grid. Now you have to click on Other Settings. Beneath the option labeled Day, you can choose the time interval that you want to have in the Time Scale list.
• You can change the background color too. Proceed and click on the Tools menu. You have to choose Options and then click on Calendar Options. You can select any color that you want in the Background Color list. The color will be shown on the Day and Work Week views.
• Then you have to change the font of the calendar. Now select the Tools menu and choose Options. Then you have to click on the Other tab. Now move to Advanced Options. Then under Appearance Options, select Font. You can select the font as required.
• If you are using the Month view option, then choose to show the week numbers. After clicking on the Tools button, you should select Options. Then click on Calendar Options. Then select Show Week Numbers in the Date Navigator. This feature will allows you to see numbered weeks of the year.
• You can also customize your workweek options. Select the Tools menu and click on Options. Then select Calendar Options. To select different days for your workweek, you should check the boxes next to the days that you want. You can choose your first day of the workweek in the option First Day of Week. You can enter required times in the Start Time and End Time boxes.
• You can also change the displayed time range of your calendar grid. Then choose one of the three buttons among Day, Week or Month.
Set up your weekly schedule and daily appointments in a more customized and organized manner using these features. If you need more assistance, online seek Outlook help by contacting the Windows Support center.