A good number of organizations and business firms use MSN Messenger, the instant messaging program from the Microsoft, for various business needs. The latest version of MSN Messenger supports video conferencing, which is really helpful for business individuals for holding meetings online. The application is now called as Windows Live Messenger and is available to users for free. Microsoft has also launched MSN Messenger version for Mac operating system. This article details the Microsoft Chat Instructions to download and install Windows Live Messenger on a Mac.
How to install Windows Live Messenger?
First of all, visit Microsoft’s website and download the Windows Live Messenger application for Mac. For this, click on the option that reads Download Messenger for Mac 7 and choose the latest version of Windows Live Messenger from the displayed list. As soon as you click the download link, the application starts downloading.
- Once you have finished downloading, access the Open tab to begin the Windows Live Messenger installation process.
- Now click on the Next tab to view the Software Licensing Agreement. After reading the Agreement, click on the Next tab again to proceed.
- Now access the Accept tab. This will prompt the application to look for previous versions of Windows Live Messenger installed on your Mac system. If there is no Messenger application detected, click on the OK tab and select the type of account that you wish to set from the displayed list.
- Now input your Windows Live email address, user name and password in the space provided. When done, click Next to continue with the installation process.
- If you are a new user and installing Windows live Messenger for a personal account, then you are provided with an option to create a new Windows Live user ID and password.
- Once you finish the prior step, click on the Next tab. Now follow the onscreen prompts to finish the Messenger installation process smoothly.
- After completing the installation procedure, restart your computer to apply the changes made.
Now, launch the installed Windows Live Messenger program by double-clicking the Messenger shortcut icon on the desktop screen and try to login to your Messenger account by providing your user ID and password in the required field. If you encounter any issues while accessing your account after the installation of the program, contact the Microsoft Chat team to fix the same.