Microsoft Office 2007 allows users to edit and prepare documents using a digital tablet and a pen. The digital pen allows the users to custom set the color and weight of the ink tool as well the writing tools. Follow the simple guidelines briefed below to enable the Tablet PC components on your computer.
Microsoft help instructions to use Digital tablet with MS Office
• Power your system and wait for the log in screen to appear. Click on the administrator icon to log in as the administrator. If you have secured your account with a password, enter your password when prompted.
• Move the cursor and hit the Start icon placed on the bottom left of the home screen. From the Start menu pop up, select the label that reads Control Panel. Alternatively, you can launch the Control Panel using the Run command window. Enter Control Panel as the search word and then hit the Enter button.
• Change the Control Panel view. Set the Control Panel view to classic and enter the search word Features into the search space on the top right. Hit Enter to initiate the search.
• Select the Turn Windows features on or off option. Click on the label that reads Tablet PC Components and then check in the box placed next to the corresponding label. Hit OK and then initiate the system restart.
• If required, install the driver software in the system. Connect one end of the cable to the device and the other open end to the USB port.
• Open Microsoft Office 2007 application. To launch Microsoft Office 2007, click on the Start orb. From the Start menu, select the label that reads Microsoft Office 2007. Alternatively, you can launch the application by clicking on the desktop shortcut. Select the Review option from the quick access tool bar.
• From the submenu, select the Start Linking option. From the dropdown, select a drawing tool. Click the color option to change the link color. Now, to change the thickness of the line, hit the Weight option.
• Select the Close Ink Tools label when you have finished editing the document with the tablet and pen.
Try the above steps to use a digital tablet with Microsoft Office 2007. For more assistance on the same, feel free to contact the Microsoft help desk.