Windows Live ID is a program provided by Microsoft that requires only a single sign-on to access various web sites. Hotmail, MSNBC, Xbox 360’s Live, Zune and Net Messenger Service are some of the services that make use of this feature. Any program that was previously associated with the Microsoft Passport or Wallet now makes use of the Live ID as the user platform. Changing the password for the Live ID program is a very simple process if you know the steps to be performed. You must know your Live ID to change the password and create a new one. The Windows Live help tips shared here will help you to change the password of Live ID without any troubles.
- Turn on the computer and open the Live ID page in the web browser.
- Click on the Forgot your password link to reset the password of the Live ID program.
- Type in your Live ID username in the first text box. The Live ID will be an email address, for example JohnDoe@gmail.com.
- Press the Tab key to move down to the next text box. This security application is aimed at preventing the automated programs from accessing your account. This is called the CAPTCHA verification. Enter the text as it appears in the picture. If the image is not clear, you can choose another CAPTCHA by clicking the arrow icon near the image.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Follow the instructions that are provided in the Reset your password page. This will include a security question that you need to answer correctly or some other method to verify your identity.
- Type in the new password and verify it. Click on the Continue button again. The process will finish when the message saying You’ve changed your password is displayed on the computer screen.
By following these Windows Live help tips, you can reset the password of the Live ID program. If you are unable to follow any of the steps discussed above, you may contact the Windows tech support team for further assistance. The technical support agent will help you to complete the process successfully. The agent may take the remote access of your computer to do the steps for you. You can also make use of our tech support feature.