The Windows computer contains many hardware components and it needs drivers for their smooth working. In addition, it is needed to update the drivers of your hardware regularly to ensure that everything is working fine. Therefore, if the update is available, make sure that you update it properly by using the instructions given below by the Windows help team.
- Start the process of updating the peripheral drivers by opening the Device Manager option. This will open a device manager window in your system screen.
- Next, you need to click on the option named category to which your device belongs. For e.g. if you need the drivers for Network Adapter, you need to click on the option Networking Hardware.
- Thus, find the device that you want to update and double click on it to open.
- From there, you need to click on the tab named Driver. This will make available a driver tab dialog box and it contains many buttons needed for updating the drivers of your system peripherals.
- In order to update a driver, you need to click on the button named as Update Driver.
- Do not forget to make the driver itself search for updates and update it. This option is different in different operating system. You need to select the option named as Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software in Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating system. Whereas in Windows XP, it is completely different and you need to select the option labeled as Install the Software Automatically followed by clicking on the button named Next.
- When you choose this option, it will search your computer, followed by searching the web for the latest drivers available for your device. If a new driver is found, it will be downloaded and installed automatically. If the Windows is not able to find any new driver updates for your system, then it is sure that your machine drivers are up to date.
- When finished, exit by closing the Window.
- When you have completed updating the drivers, restart your machine and this will make affect the changes that you have made. Close the Device properties window and restart your machine.
- In some cases, it is better to go to the website of the device manufacturer for checking the driver updates.