Sometimes, you may find it difficult to remove toolbars from your system permanently. These add-ons may lead you to a tiresome browsing experience because most of the times, these applications try to replace the existing browser’s default home page. AVG toolbar is associated with the AVG antivirus, and becomes difficult to remove. Some of the common factors that may prevent you from uninstalling AVG anti-virus are:
- Accidentally, you would have deleted the AVG related references like its installation information in your hard disk.
- By trying to remove AVG toolbar, you would be trying to use a standard user account to make configurations to your computer system.
- In most of the cases, an error or a bug in the current version of AVG Antivirus Free by the name 0xC0070643 leads to an error message that says General Internal Error.
- In the first step, you need to open up Windows Start menu and then click on Control Panel.
- Now, you need to click on the Add/Remove Programs option. Now, if you are running Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Windows Vista OS in your system, you need to click on the Uninstall a program option.
- Once you click on this option, you need to search for AVG 2014 in the list of programs. Now, click on the Remove tab. According to the Windows tech support, you need to be aware of the fact that the AVG SafeGuard toolbar gets installed if you perform Express Install option for your AVG antivirus software.
- Along with the toolbar, Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributable is also installed as the component of the latest version of AVG Antivirus.
- A set of instructions would appear on your computer screen. You can follow these and change AVG-related settings in your system after choosing the Uninstall option. Meanwhile, you can also seek assistance from Windows tech support team anytime, if you have any queries or would like to get more information.
- Once you opt for the removal option, you can go ahead and reboot your computer system to make the above changes take effect.