Majority of Windows XP users have used the default email client in the operating system called Outlook Express. Outlook Express is easy to configure and has large number of users worldwide. This email program helps users to configure their internet email accounts and thus download emails to their personal computer. You can configure multiple email accounts in this email client with a few simple steps. In this Outlook Express help section, we will take you through the steps to configure this email client program.
- Choose the option Start and click All Programs in the Start menu.
- From the list of programs that opens in the sub menu, choose Outlook Express.
- Once Outlook Express comes up, select the option Tools and from the sub menu that drops down, select Accounts.
- The above step opens a new window with the heading Internet Accounts. In this window, select the tab Mail.
- Click the option Add located at the right end of the window and then choose Mail. This step opens the window for Internet Connection Wizard.
- Enter your name in the field for Display name and click the button Next.
- In the next window, enter the email address you wish to add in the field E-mail address:
- Click the option Next.
- Next step is to enter the server names. In the drop down box for My incoming mail server is a, select IMAP or POP3.
- Enter the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server in the respective fields. Keep in mind that these server details will be provided to you by the service provider. Therefore, contact your email service provider before starting to configure the account.
- Click the option Next. The next window asks you to enter information about Internet Mail Logon.
- Enter your Account Name and the Password for it in the corresponding fields.
- Mark the option Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA).
- Click the button Next.
- With this, you have successfully configured Outlook Express with your internet email. Click the option Finish to complete the configuration process.
- You can find that the newly configured account is added in the Internet Accounts window.